Saturday, June 8, 2013

And It Mattered Not Which (Three Friends)

I miss you most on Saturdays,
For that was our day simply to sit,
To glory in the morning sun, drear,
Or rain; and it mattered not which.
For your friendship was a delight.
We'd bop around town, or sometimes
Just make noise while we ventured lakeside.
Some day we shall met again.

I miss you most on Saturdays,
For that one day was forever ours,
To take a long breakfast, to bask
Merely in the presence of another,
And wander about rivers and museums.
Sometimes we'd talk of life--
Laughter, beauty, family,
Or problems; and it mattered not which.
For I cared only to be simply
With you.
And the rest was just details.

I miss you most on Saturdays,
For that was your first day to speak
To the hearts of hundreds, each week
As we gathered from all ends of poverty
To hear the proclamation: Word, Spirit, 
And Life; and it mattered not which.
For what I loved most was knowing that
Late Sunday eve you could have rest.
But now your rest is for all ages to come.
You have slipped through our fingers,
Into the hearts of thousands, 
And finally to your home.
Say hi to Dad for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment