Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lullabye

If I could build you a ship
To sail across the seas and break through the waves,
Then I would meet you at the hips
And climb aboard as we washed away.

If I could sing you a lie
To be the lie that you've always seen,
Then, darling, please just smile
And climb atop of my melodies.

All I can say is
I'll still be counting
The ways and the days before I get to you.
Please let me through
Before I slip... away.

If I could just take a step
Right forwards into the past,
Then you'd be back where I left you
And I could stay in all day and know what I have.

And, darling, please forgive what you see
'Cause I cannot paint like that.
Picture yourself when you're old and you're gray
And the lights are all down and the dogs are at bay,
I'll still be wrong, all along, oh all day
And would you go back?
Would you go back...
Again?

If I could build you a ship
To sail across the seas and break through the waves...

No comments:

Post a Comment