Tuesday, June 4, 2013

26 April 2012 -- Thoughts from Enders

Looking out into the ocean from a little island on the Mystic seaboard, a calming presence slowly washes over me. Much like the Atlantic carelessly churning its way back to us, as the rocky shoreline beckons home the small New England swells. Yet today there are no waves. There is no wind. Only calm. The sea as smooth as glass for at least half a mile, with the shining sun casting down its rays to fill the water with warmth and light. There is a lighthouse on distant rock. A sole lighthouse steering straight ships gone astray at night, guiding them gently towards their destinations and destinies.

What are my lighthouses? How does God send little reminders to keep me on my path of pilgrimage to the Divine? This morning is one of those. Everything is just so filled with awe. Brimming with brightness, bountiful in beauty. It is as if the day is waiting to explode, overflowing all that is good and right in the world. Yet not now, for all is calm. All is at peace right here and now. This moment I would not destroy or simply let slip away, even for the keys to heaven. Because right now this is a glimpse of heaven itself. This is my gift today.  And now I rejoice and exult, filled with the awe of our great Lord and his creation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment