Saturday, January 4, 2014

Unnamed i-iii

i.
Your smile makes me laugh,
Not because it's funny or weird--
I just, for once in my life, can't find 
Words that express so great my joy,
And I don't know how to respond
In the face of such sheer bliss;
A giggle or three, my heart decides.



ii.
The fresh snowfall crunches beneath boots,
Racing heart that beats out time in the winter cold,
And that breath, nearly frozen as the air, 
Warms what it touches for a briefest second.
Shudder and shutter paired in the wind's blast,
Hands a bit cold, but soon not to be felt,
With a click, an opening, 
With a whir, a moment captured 
From the curious perspective 
Of a good five feet, some-odd inches
Of hope and fear, loss and love;
Red-headed lover of all things grammar and God
Captures a wild photograph in its natural habitat.



iii.
Sometimes I don't want to be forgiven,
Sometimes I don't ask,
Maybe I think I'm too good,
Or maybe I realize I am not good enough,
Yet, what you tell me is that no one is.
But no, you don't even say that,
You show me this one lone thing, 
And I somehow vaguely comprehend:
That you are the Heart of Love and Hope and Faith,
And some part of me knows well
That you had forgiven me 
Long before I asked.
I am made new in this new year,
And I am yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment