Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Announcement

O my Blessed Mother, I too am greatly disturbed by this call of your Son.

O my Blessed Mother, I too am frightened at the sight, words, and message of his herald.

O my Blessed Mother, I too do not know what it means to be the one brought the Word and then to become the one who brings him.

O my Blessed Mother, I too yearn to bring your Christ, my Christ, our Christ, into the world this Christmas, yet I too am confused and afraid.

O my Blessed Mother, I too am learning that each day is Christmas, and each moment Advent, and that the God of all waits patiently to spring forth from my womb too.

O my Blessed Mother, pray for me, that I too may have the courage to accept him and receive his love, for there is no other way I can be if I do not first do this and every day.

Oh my Blessed Mother, I too need to be pointed to your Son--my brother, my friend--and to his cross; you best know the way, for it was your "fiat" that unleashed the reign of love upon the world, your "amen" that led us to the blood-soaked hill called Calvary, your "ecce ancilla" that allows us all, each and every day, to be nailed as well to that cross and have the hope of our own assumptions.

O my Blessed Mother, I too just...

O my Blessed Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment