Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Banquet of Possibility


At once my heart's a flutter,
When I pass into realms unknown,
To roads of unending endpoints,
To safety far from home.

The curiosity thrills me
And begs me go before
To the banquet of Possibility
Come knocking at my door.

     “Ah, dear friend, it's been some time
     since you've last let me in.
     May I be seated?” he thus proceeded,
     And sat down with a grin.

     “You've locked your doors and bolted them
     On what you did not know.
     You settled down to be but unsettled
     And ceased thus to grow.

     Come follow now to things unseen,
     And see what there's to see.
     You're boundless heart is again to be bound
     By old Possibility.”

And now, O seeker, let me say,
To the feast what had been brought:
Possibility's only food
Is nothing more than thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment